MY PET YOUR PET Ltd (we/us/the Company
) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed and stored by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.mypetyourpet.com (the Site
The Site is owned and operated by MY PET YOUR PET Ltd (11018521) of 470A Green Lanes, Palmers Green, London N13 5PA (our Company Address
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
We collect and process this information in order to provide our service to you. We will only keep this information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the original legitimate purpose for collecting the information and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. We calculate the length of this period as the length of time you use the Site.
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you voluntarily when signing up for an account and by filling in forms and surveys on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide and consent to us using (in accordance with section 3 below) when you register to use the Site, subscribe to our marketing database, subscribe to our service, search for a product or service, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, date of birth, demographic and location information, financial and credit card information, pet's name, passport and microchip number, veterinary practice details and registration certificate, amongst other information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, by way of general example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site, or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works by, for example, ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Before any cookies are placed on your device, you will be shown a pop-up message requesting your consent to setting those cookies. You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to administer and manage your account and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to respond to communications from you and to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- with your permission and/or where permitted by law, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will not send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under applicable Data Protection Laws (meaning, unless and until it is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and (ii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998). If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry by you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us in writing;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently and that it will only be processed if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given your clear consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party (or are about to be a party);
- processing is necessary for our compliance with the law;
- processing is necessary to protect somebody’s life;
- processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority and the task/function has a clear basis in law; and/or
- processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, except where there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means any subsidiaries, any ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties (without contacting you in advance or seeking your consent):
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your enquiries, the processing of your payment details and/or the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated as securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include our entering into contracts with any third parties we engage and the use of EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers and we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and management procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at the Company Address or by unsubscribing using the links contained in the marketing emails.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, or to websites shared by other users. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to access information held about you and to ask for a copy of such information. Please contact us for more details at the Company Address.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
REQUEST ACCESS, deletion or correction to/of the information that we hold about you
BE INFORMED of what data we hold and the purpose for processing the data as a whole or in parts,
ERASURE - request to be forgotten (this is not an absolute right) by ourselves and our affiliates
RECTIFICATION - have any information that we hold about you that is incorrect or incomplete be rectified by ourselves and affiliates
RESTRICT PROCESSING of the information we hold about you (so that inaccuracies may be corrected etc)
OBJECT to the processing of your data
DATA PORTABILITY - you can obtain and reuse the information that we hold about you
CHALLENGE any data we use for the purposes of automated decision-making and profiling, in certain circumstances