MyPetYourPet Personal Liability & Veterinary Fees Insurance
This document is to notify the Members as defined below (the “Members”) that the following insurance has been effected with Builders Direct S.A., 253 rue de Beggen, L-1221 Luxembourg (the “Insurer”) under a Master Policy (the “Master Policy”) issued to the Master Policy Holder (the “Master Policy Holder”) bearing the Master Policy Unique Market Reference shown below.
The original Master Policy document may be inspected at the offices of the Master Policy Holder and a copy is available on request to the Master Policy Holder.
The relevant terms of coverage provided under the Master Policy are set out below.
- Member means: such persons normally resident in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands who have purchased membership of the Master Policy Holder and have registered their cat(s) and/or dog(s) with the Master Policy Holder.Master Policy Holder: LMC Global Limited trading as MyPetYourPet,
470A Green Lanes,
London N13 5PA
- Master Policy Unique Market Reference: B0831P017892018
- Territorial Limits means:
Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands and while temporarily (not exceeding 6 months in the Period of Insurance) elsewhere in the world for the purposes of a holiday.
- Covered Activities means
- the Member’s ownership of the cat(s) and/or dog(s) registered by the Member with the Master Policy Holder.
The Member’s care, custody and control of cat(s) and/or dog(s) owned and registered with the Master Policy Holder by other Members of the Master Policy Holder.
- We will cover each Member of the Master Policy Holder for their legal liability for accidental:
- Bodily Injury to any person
- Damage to Property
occurring during the Period of Coverage set forth in the Evidence of Insurance within the Territorial Limits and arising in connection with the Covered Activities.
- We will reimburse the Member for emergency veterinary fees necessitated by accidental injury to or illness of cat(s) and/or dog(s) not owned by the Member but in their care, custody or control for the purposes of the Covered Activities provided that the injury occurs or the illness first manifests itself while the animal is in the Member’s care custody or control during the Period of Coverage set forth in the Evidence of Insurance within the Territorial Limits.
Limits of Liability
In respect of each Member, Our limit of liability under Insuring Clause 1 above for damages and claimant’s costs, fees and expenses payable in respect of any occurrence shall not exceed £2,000,000
Our limit of liability for emergency veterinary fees under Insuring Clause 2 above shall not exceed £2,000 for any one injury to or illness of a cat or dog.
We shall not provide cover under Insuring Clause 1 for liability:
- in respect of Bodily Injury to:
- any Employee arising out of and in the course of employment by the Member in connection with the Covered Activities.
- any person Closely Related to the Member.
- arising out of or incidental to any profession, occupation or business of the Member.
- caused by or arising from the ownership or possession or use by the Member or on the Member’s behalf of any:
- aircraft or aerospatial device or hovercraft.
- watercraft other than hand propelled watercraft or other watercraft not exceeding 8 metres in length.
mechanically propelled vehicle:
- in circumstances for which compulsory insurance or security is required under any legislation governing the use of the vehicle.
- where cover is provided by any other insurance.
- arising from any Product Supplied after it has ceased to be in the Member’s custody or under the Member’s or any Employee’s control other than food and drink for consumption on the Member’s premises.
- for Contractual Liability unless We have sole conduct and control of claims but We shall not in any event provide cover in respect of liquidated damages or liability under any penalty clause.
- in respect of Damage to Property:
- belonging to the Member or to a member of their family or household.
- in the Member’s or any Employee’s custody or control other than:
- personal effects including vehicles and their contents of any visitor and/or Employee of the Member.
- the accommodation at which the Member is staying whilst on holiday.
- in respect of Pollution or Contamination occurring:
- within the United States of America or Canada.
- elsewhere than within the United States of America or Canada unless caused by a sudden, identifiable, unintended and unexpected occurrence which takes place in its entirety at a specific time and place during the Period of Insurance.
Provided that in respect of any liability for which cover is not excluded under exclusion (b) above:
- all Pollution or Contamination which arises out of one occurrence shall be deemed to have occurred at the time such occurrence takes place.
- Our liability for all damages, costs fees and expenses under this Section payable in respect of all Pollution or Contamination which is deemed to have occurred during any one Period of Insurance shall not exceed in the aggregate the amount stated in the Schedule as the Limit of Liability for this Section.
- caused by or arising from advice, design or specification the Member provided for a fee.
- in respect of mental injury, mental anguish or shock or fear of suffering death, Bodily Injury, illness or disease arising out of the actual, alleged or suspected presence or release of Asbestos or exposure to or inhalation of Asbestos.
- for the costs of management (including those of any persons under any statutory duty to manage), removal, mitigation, remediation, repair, alteration, recall, rectification, replacement or reinstatement of any Property or part thereof arising out of the presence of Asbestos.
- for punitive exemplary or aggravated damages or any additional damages resulting from the multiplication of compensatory damages.
- arising from any judgement, award or settlement made within countries which operate under the laws of the United States of America or Canada (or from any order made anywhere in the world to enforce such judgement, award or settlement either in whole or in part).
- arising from any Offshore Activity.
- arising from any animal that is used for any business or professional activities or used for therapeutic purposes at hospitals, nursing homes and the like but this exclusion shall not apply to hearing dogs for deaf persons or guide dogs for the blind.
- arising from any dog that must be registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, the Dangerous Dogs (Amendment) Act 1997 or any further amendments to this Act.
- for the first £100 of each and every claim for Damage to third party Property. Such amount shall be contributed by the Member before We assume any responsibility to make a payment for any claim hereunder.
We shall not provide cover under Insuring Clause 2 for veterinary fees:
- to treat any animal less than 8 weeks old.
- for routine treatment for pregnancy.
- for behavioural problems unless established and certified by a veterinary surgeon to have been caused by an injury or illness that occurs or first manifests itself while the animal is in the Member’s care custody or control.
for alternative medicine and treatment carried out either by a veterinary surgeon or an alternative therapist including but not limited to osteopathy, physiotherapy, acupuncture, hydrotherapy and the like.
We shall not provide cover under Insuring Clauses 1 and 2:
- in respect of any:
- Damage to any Property whatsoever or any loss, cost or expense whatsoever resulting or arising therefrom or any consequential or inevitable loss
- legal liability of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or
arising from any of the following regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any sequence to the Damage, cost expense or liability:
- in respect of any:
- Damage to any Property whatsoever or any loss, cost or expense whatsoever resulting or arising therefrom or any consequential or inevitable loss (b) legal liability of whatsoever nature caused by resulting from or in connection with: (i) any act of Terrorism regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to this loss. (ii) any action taken in controlling preventing suppressing or in any way relating to the act of Terrorism.
If We allege that by reason of this exclusion any Damage cost or expense is not covered by this Master Policy the burden of proving the contrary shall be upon the Member.
In the event that any part of this exclusion is found to be invalid or unenforceable the remainder shall remain in force and effect.
- and shall not be liable to pay any claim or provide any benefit hereunder to the extent that the provision of such cover, payment of such claim or provision of such benefit would expose Us to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under the United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom or United States of America.
Who to contact in the event you wish to notify a claim
All claims under this insurance are to be notified to Our appointed claims team using one of the following methods and quoting the Master Policy Unique Market Reference shown above.
Write to: Caytons Law, 85 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0AA
Telephone: 0207 398 7600
Who to contact in the event you have any other enquiries:
If You have any other queries please contact:
Bishopsgate Insurance Brokers,
London, EC3R 7BB.
Tel: 0370 905 7896